Insufficient Space on iPod???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powermac G5 Dual 2 GHz, 2 GB RAM
I am trying to transfer 7GB worth of files from my roommate's PC to my iPod (1st Gen Video iPod).

I format it to his PC (which should erase everything and start from scratch).

After the formatting is completed, I try to transfer the files to the entirely empty iPod, but it gives me errors stating that the disk (iPod) is full and does not have the capacity to hold 7GB. Which is strange because there are 27GB available on the iPod.

I've done this many times before without a problem.

Any solutions would be greatly appreciated!

--Tom

OP
STRIKE859
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powermac G5 Dual 2 GHz, 2 GB RAM
After some more heavy research - I have found the reason for this problem... I'm posting this just in case someone else is having the same issue and searches for a result...

The reason it won't fit is because there is a 4 gig file size limit on FAT32 partitions. The only way to get around this is use Xplay (Mediafour | XPlay 3) and have it revert back to HFS+ partition. But then to move the files back to a different windows machine, you will need to install Xplay (again) or install MacDrive.

Source: Can't Transfer large files to Ipod [Archive] - iPod - iPhone - iTunes Forums at iLounge

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.