Page/picture loading, and Word problem

kgp

Reaction score
Hi guys. I'm new to the mac forum, and I'm a new mac user. I just got a macbook and love it. I'm tossing my crappy gateway.

Anyways, I've been having a few minor problems. First and foremost, there are a few things that won't load on Firefox or Safari. Facebook won't load - the initial Facebook homepage loads but if I click on anything else, it just doesn't do anything. The hour glass is working but nothing else happens. Also, some photos won't load either. For example, if I go onto mapquest or google maps, the map won't ever load. This is kind of frustrating but there has to be a reason for it (I hope?).

Also, I have office for mac 2007. Recently all applications (Word is really the only one I use) fail to open. I click on Word, it begins to load up, then I'm prompted to register online, and go through an update. I loaded the [huge] update but it just prompts me to do it all over again.

Can anyone help out?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.