Some early issues

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" macbook 2.0ghz 2gb ram 160gb hard drive
So I got the new macbook no more then a month ago and now what is happening is when I close it to put it to sleep, I open it back up and the screen is just black. I have to hold the power button to restart it. I wouldn't think anything of it but it keeps on happening.
So I went to an Apple store today to find out what is going on and turns out I had to make an appointment for saturday....This has happened to me before with my iPod but for some reason today it just ticked me off.

[It takes three days to be seen just so they can tell me nothings wrong with it.
I think it is ridiculous how the apple service department works: They need to rework it to make it more convenient for people. I am genuinely irritated at this because I spent a lot of money on this thing and the "genius bar" is there to service people, so far they have done nothing for me
/rant]

Has anybody else experienced this problem when closing then opening this macbook?
And if so what can they do for it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook 2.4GHz/4GB Ram/320GB HD
I use InsomniaX to prevent mine from sleeping and then always leave the screen open enough for proper ventilation.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody Macbook Pro
I have had mine just about a month now so I am not an expert, but when it does that I just hit the escape key and it wakes up.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.