Airport Express as a wireless bridge with Blu-ray?

Jan

Reaction score
I want to connect a Blu-ray player to my network for internet access. I have an Airport Extreme and want to use an Express as my "bridge". Has anyone done this successfully? I called Apple tech support and was told it "could" work, but might need an ethernet switcher connected to the Express. Again, anyone have this set-up? Thanks.

Reaction score
yes you can definitily do that, i have an time capsule and a airport express as a bridge off that. And i have a ethernet cable running from my express to my ps3...and it works perfect...

Reaction score
Having problems getting a Lynksis WGA600N to connect my directv H21 to the internet/network. I'm thinking setting up the Express would be easier as the router is a Time Capsule.
once I set up the AX as an ethernet bridge or WDS. when I connect the H21 set top box to the eithernet port on the AX, and the STB askes if I am setting up as wired or wireless, what should I do?
I other words, will the ethernet port on the AX simply be recognized as a hard wired eithernet port?
I'd be interested to know how you set up the ps3, as I'd be using it for a similar use, streaming HD video.
Dan

Reaction score
I'd also note: I've been getting LOADS of help at the DBSTalk forum, but no one there is using an Airport Extreme much less the Express as a bridge.
one direction I've recieved is to open ports on my router for the STB services. ie port forwarding But the directions are not for Apple......and the TimeCapsule/Extreme, seems to only offer certain ports???
bottom line is the guys helping me there are all PC people :)
Dan

Reaction score
I set it up and it is connected but video is unwatchable. Does anyone know if you can set the WDS network to N only?
Dan

Reaction score

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.