Hacked?

Reaction score
I am slightly concerned that someone is trying, or already has, gained access to my computer. I phoned up my ISP who told me basically that my modem is very secure and no one can get access to my computer, however, i would like to perform some kind of check as getting a reply which is basically "nah your sweet your computer is UNHACKABLE!!!" kinda silly.

I have been getting vague threats from someone whom I only know through the internet, and I have seen some strange behavior from my computer recently. I know im probably just being paranoid but what can I do? This person has now been blocked and deleted and I just wish to make sure.

I am not new with computers, however my knowledge on firewalls, hardware security, hacking etc etc is extremely limited. Can I check my firewall logs? Any other suggestions?

Thank you, any replies are much appreciated!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
it would be the first instance I have heard of it 'in the wild'.

OP
B
Reaction score
Excuse me? Sorry. Do you mean youve never heard anything like this before and therefore doubt anything bad is happening?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
As far as I am aware OS X has never been successfully hacked in the field.

Reaction score
you could always google OS X Firewall logs, if you want to see.
Exploring the Mac OS X Firewall | O'Reilly Media

this site (i googled what i put above and look at it for you quickly) says how to look at your MAC Firewall logs. I am unsure if you are talking about your modem firewall logs or your Mac Firewall logs, so i have given you that one.

I imagine that if you log into your router/modem you will be able to find out how to get the logs from there depending on the company who makes it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.