i deleted my system preferences...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" macbook(white)
ok so i deleted my system preferences accidentally, and it's not on my hard disc anymore so i can't open it. any one know how to fix this or where i can download it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
By delete do you mean it's no longer on your Dock or did you actually go out of your way to delete System Preferences from the Applications folder? If you don't know, then click on the Apple logo at the top left and click on System Preferences. If it shows up, then obviously you didn't delete it off your system. To put it back in the Dock, simply go to the Applications folder and just drag it down to the Dock.

OP
grannyshifter
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" macbook(white)
yeah i went to the applications folder and deleted it accidentally and it's not on the trashcan anymore. how do i get it back?

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
You're going to need Pacifist to re-install it.

OP
grannyshifter
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" macbook(white)
thanks for the reply guys, luckily my brother passed by my house and he was able to copy it from his macbook air.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.