Macbook Software update problems

Reaction score
Just purchased my new Macbook (orig) and i hit the software update thing that was bouncing. Well... it's been two hours and it states it's installing 14 items and it's configuring updates but the bar hasn't moved in. Should I be concerned? I don't think it's frozen b/c the screen light feature is working but i don't think it should take this long. Any suggestions.

First time Mac user.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, iPad, MacBook Pro.
Just purchased my new Macbook (orig) and i hit the software update thing that was bouncing. Well... it's been two hours and it states it's installing 14 items and it's configuring updates but the bar hasn't moved in. Should I be concerned? I don't think it's frozen b/c the screen light feature is working but i don't think it should take this long. Any suggestions.

First time Mac user.
No! I dont think that is a problem, I did have that happen about a year ago, so I just rebooted the system, and it sorted its self out. O

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.