Right forum for Safari/Java problem?

A

AllanJNash

Hi!
I'm a newbie to this forum and I tried Search and FAQ without success. Please redirect this post if I'm in the wrong place.

My G4 (OS10.2.8) using Safari 1.0.3 as my web browser sometimes get messages (usually when trying to link to special audio or video features) that "java is required" or "java must be enabled" or that "I'm missing a plug-in required for this feature".

I've checked Preferences and "Java is enabled" is selected. I've also checked the Applications/Utility on my HD and there is a Java folder there but I have no idea if it contains what I need. How do I resolve the problem? Thanks in advance!

Allan

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
that folder contains a launcher and java plugin settings app, check that to make sure its set up for you to use java in safari. make sure its up to date also. besides that, check safaris folder, and in the java folder in library to make sure its all there.

OP
A

AllanJNash

Thanks Vince,
I've checked theses folders but I haven't a clue as to what should be "all there." Perhaps the problem is with my 10.2.8 OS? When I check the Java website it says that I now need OS 10.3.0 or higher.

Am I the only one using 10.2.8? Allan

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.