iPhone stopped connecting to Wifi

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many to specify! :)
My first generation iPhone has suddenly stopped connecting to wireless access points. I'm unable to connect to both my home network and my work network (all were working fine a few weeks ago and no changes have been made to either network). I've reset the network settings as well as restored the phone in iTunes to no avail. Maybe 1 out of every 10 times I try to connect to either wireless network, it will connect briefly but as soon as I open up Safari or the App store it goes back to Edge.

Any Ideas??

Reaction score
The same exact problem happened to me when I bought my iphone 2g a year ago. I called apple support, and they were able to guide me over the phone to get it connected via wifi.

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many to specify! :)
Im having the same problem since the last few days. Did you manage to resolve this?

The ultimate solution for me was to buy the 3G phone. I eventually gave my 2G phone to my gf and the wireless works about 50% of the time. I never did find a true solution.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.