Beige G3 help

A

ajbert

I recently received a free beige g3 333, 128 ram, stock cd, zip, 4x yahama internal cdrw, 8 gb hard drive, with pci usb ports. It came with 8.5. It would not start up at first, kept on giving me error 11's. I used a boot disk and modified the extensions and it worked great. I wanted to update it to 9.1 and eventually to OS X. I installed OS 9.1, the installation went with no problems. I restarted the computer and I got the same error 11 messages. But I have been unable to fix it. Then I reinstalled the 8.5 and it worked perfectly. The only things I can think of is the hard drive and pram battery which is near or is dead. The hard drive is a 68 pin scsi hookedup through a pci atto express scsi card. IF any one knows what to do or has any ideas let me know.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
make sure the transfer rate is set to 10 mb a sec, if its not, or rto check, get attos expresspro tools app from their site.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.