iPhone Battery

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4g, 2GB, 200G, 15.4
How has the iPhone battery performed in one day while just using it for a few calls, some txts and maybe some browsing but not a whole lot? I am really curious.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Unibody
With 3G on or off?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum iMac 2.8GHz
Typically I can get through a day without charging and using a combination of 3G and Wi-Fi, moderate browsing and music listening, light phone usage and heavy gaming and other app usage.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Unibody
If I am using my 3G a lot (Pandora or FStream) and have the screen on a lot then typically I can use my phone for about a half a day (8-10 Hours). But to be fair, I am on the phone quite a lot as it is a business line. With the 3G off, using more WIFI I can generally get through a whole day (16-20 hours).

Like right now, I have had my screen on all morning , using Pandora over the 3G network (since about 8am), and I have about 35% battery left.

OP
Macman8807
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4g, 2GB, 200G, 15.4
Dang thats some good news right there. I am going to be using WiFi when I can because I won't be on 3G all the time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac 21.5 Inch 3.06 GHZ 4GB Ram 500 Gig HD, Ipad 32 GB, Iphone 4S 16 GB.
How has the iPhone battery performed in one day while just using it for a few calls, some txts and maybe some browsing but not a whole lot? I am really curious.

browsing will use the most power out of the lot but if you turn off wi fi when you are not using it you will be amazed how much better it performs.

Before Apple advised me to do this I was needing to charge my phone every day as it was losing about 50% battery but now I am charging properly once a week.

Multitasking also uses power so if you close apps you aren't using this will help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Unibody Macbook Pro, Iphone 4 16G
I would say I use my phone similarly to what your describing, some calls during the day, texting, some light internet browsing, and I have never had any issues with getting up at 7am and plugging it back in at 10pm that night, usually still has 30-50% life left, and I don't monitor "open" applications either.

EDIT: Just realized this is a REALLY old post, haha

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5' iMac i3 3.2GHz, 13.3' MacBook Pro 2.26GHz, iPhone 4(16GB), 160GB iPod Classic
I usually charge mine every 36 hours. That's because I talk on EDGE, I turn off my 3G and only browse on 3G when needed, and I always use Wi-Fi. I play some games, texts, make some calls, browse the internet to.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.