Macbook ram upgrade

Reaction score
Hi, I am thinking about buying a refurbished macbook pro and the only thing which I might like to get is to maybe upgrade the memory since to 4gb instead of the 2gb that it comes with. I don't really know how the applecare warranty works(which i plan on getting) for upgrades, do they prefer it if you get them to upgrade the memory themselves? I myself wouldn't be comfortable enough with laptops to install the memory myself. Thanks. Also, is there any way to get them to upgrade the memory before they ship it, I didn't really see an option to do that so I am guessing no. Thanks again.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro
Not sure about if refurbished macbook pro laptops can have upgraded ram but it's really not that hard to do it yourself. Check out Upgrade Mac Memory - Step by Step Guide for Apple Mac for an idea of what's involved. if your still not sure feel free to ask about it. I'm sure there are heaps of member at the forums who have upgraded their own memory.

OP
P
Reaction score
Thanks, but what about the warranty, like what if i buy non-apple ram since apple ram is way too expensive, does that mess up the warranty?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
no, 'apple ram' is simply someone else's ram they purchased to resale. typically samsung right now. someone like crucial will have at least equal quality. apple won't warranty THAT ram, but the rest of the warranty is unaffected.

I need to script this :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.