Photoshop / HTML Editor?

F

funky

Can someone tell me where to get Photoshop for OS X for cheap?

Can anyone recommend a good HTML editor which accounts for CSS, DHTML, PHP includes, et cetera?

Thanks all. :D

OP
D

Desolate One

As far as photo editing software I use Gimp. It runs on X11 so you'll have to download that in able to run Gimp on your Mac. If you're a Photoshop native there are tutorials on Gimp to get ya going. I was lucky enough to familiarize myself w/ it on my Linux systems.

(dead link removed)
https://www.gimp.org/macintosh/

As far as HTML editors, unfortunately I can't help much there. I've only built my site/pages from scratch. I'd like to hear others chime in though. It's something I'm interested in as well. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Dreamweaver is the best from what I can see.. I use BBEdit for everything, but that's because I am a web developer, not designer, but when I did do a bit of design back in the day.. I used Dreamweaver :)

OP
M

meltbanana314

Desolate One said:
As far as photo editing software I use Gimp. It runs on X11 so you'll have to download that in able to run Gimp on your Mac. If you're a Photoshop native there are tutorials on Gimp to get ya going. I was lucky enough to familiarize myself w/ it on my Linux systems.

(dead link removed)
GIMP - Downloads

As far as HTML editors, unfortunately I can't help much there. I've only built my site/pages from scratch. I'd like to hear others chime in though. It's something I'm interested in as well. :)

It's actually Mac OS X native too:

macgimp.org/ (dead link removed)

OP
M

meltbanana314

Desolate One said:
Does it run quicker then the X11 native version?

X11 is not a "native version."

The OS X (real) native version will probably run faster, but not noticeably. It will, however, look better than the X11 version - which is a godsend when working on editing images for hours and hours. (Unless you're a visual masochist, then by all means be my guest and use the X11 version.)

OP
D

Desolate One

meltbanana314 said:
Sorry for what? You didn't say anything wrong.

I'm extremely well at reading people in person, even over the phone. When it comes to text messages, email, private messages, just "text" in general I'm well horrible. I thought your post was putting me down. I do apologise. :dummy:

OP
M

meltbanana314

Desolate One said:
I'm extremely well at reading people in person, even over the phone. When it comes to text messages, email, private messages, just "text" in general I'm well horrible. I thought your post was putting me down. I do apologise. :dummy:

I apologize as well. I'm sometimes a bit too aggressive in my online posts. It's a nasty habit that I'm trying to break myself from. No hard feelings, mate.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Ahh feel the love! I love you guys! Thanks for making mac-forums the friendliest online mac community! :)

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Murlyn said:
Ahh feel the love! I love you guys! Thanks for making mac-forums the friendliest online mac community! :)
I was thinking the same thing ;) :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.