Any limit on burning CD's?

F

funky

I've bought about 20 songs from the ITunes store, (.m4p files) and the rest are .mp3 files.

Is there any limit on how many times I can burn them to CD? :eek:neye: And if so, why! :headphone

- Funky

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Some one correct me if I am wrong here. I have there is a limit to the number of times you can burn a given playlist. I don't recall the number at this time. The way to get around this limit is it create a new playlist, that is different from the originial. Then you can burn it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
It used to be 10 I think. Now it might be 7?

OP
B

Badger

You can burn iTunes-purchased music up to 7 times. This was done as part of the license agreements between Apple and the artists/music companies. In theory this protects the artists from piracy but it isn't hard to bypass.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20-inch iMac, 1GB RAM, 160 GB hard drive
You can burn purchased music onto an unlimited number of CD's, but each unchanged playlist can only be burned up to 7 times IF IT CONTAINS PURCHASED MUSIC. Solution: Don't buy music from Apple.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro & 23" ACD
The Trooper said:
Solution: Don't buy music from Apple.

...or create a playlist with a different name and avoid sinking to the ethics of a theif, and stealing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
I have an app that releases music bought from apple and lets you burn it or do whatever as much as you want.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Macman said:
I have an app that releases music bought from apple and lets you burn it or do whatever as much as you want.
I'm glad you do, but we won't be discussing that here since breaking Apple's DRM is against copyright law ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
schweb said:
I'm glad you do, but we won't be discussing that here since breaking Apple's DRM is against copyright law ;)
yes of course, sorry.:mac:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ApplejustWorks said:
...or create a playlist with a different name and avoid sinking to the ethics of a theif, and stealing.
GFY. And don't call me a thief ever again. Just because I'd rather be allowed to listen to my music however I want with no strings attached does not make me a thief, apple polisher.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
schweb said:
And DRM is a violation of consumer freedoms and fair use, so I say that makes us even. Discuss away.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
The Trooper said:
GFY. And don't call me a thief ever again. Just because I'd rather be allowed to listen to my music however I want with no strings attached does not make me a thief, apple polisher.

Downloading music off P2P programs of most bands (there are some that allow it to get their music spreading) is illegal and hence you are a theif plain and simple

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
*pointing at THE TROOPER yells 'thief!'*
and stay away from my goodies, thief. lol.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.