iTunes Visualizer/video

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook White, Intel Core Duo 2.0 GHz, 2 GB Ram, 100GB HD
Alright, so here's what I want to be able to do, but I don't know if it's possible.

I want to have an iTunes playlist with both audio and video files. Is there a way to have it play through both file types and for video files it plays the video, and for audio files play the visualizer?

I'm trying to use this for a party environment, and I'd like to always have something cool on the screen to watch, but I don't have all that many videos.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP C2D 2.4GHz 6/07; 10.5.7
agreed!

i'm disappointed to find that this thread is the only discussion i can find of this feature request anywhere. i think this would be a great addition to itunes functionality, and i submitted an "enhancement request" feedback message to apple saying so. i suggest other interested users do the same:

Apple - iTunes - Feedback

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook. iLife '09. iWork '09. Mac OS X 10.6
I'll try it. I wonder if it can be done.

Reaction score
There is a way. In iTunes 9 ( I am not sure of other versions), choose preferences and go to the Playback tab. In that area, choose for Movies and Video: FullScreen (With Visuals). This will play audio with the visualizer, and layer the video on top when they play from your playlist. I enabled this for use at a bar I work at, works great!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.