My Accidental Mac

Reaction score
Believe it or not I accidentally became a Mac user, or will be becoming a mac user. For the longest time I have had a Neuros OSD attached to my home television and recently I have been wanting something with a little more gusto. Last night I was surfing the net intending to find just that. I had narrowed down my search to three items: EEE box, Studio Hybrid, Mini Mac. After many hours of research and debating with my self and my wallet I decided to go with the EEE box. As I went to purchase firefox froze up I had to restart, thankfully FF has a nice little feature that will restore your pages if FF unexpectedly quits. By now, however, it's 12:30 AM and I am running on 36 hours of no sleep. So, when I restore FF I look for a white box like thing and click add to cart without letting the page fully load. I finished the order, put in all my fun little details, and clicked purchase.
Ding a little email pops up saying "Apple Store..." Almost immediately the "Oh *****" started flying. They say you should never shop hungry, I have a better one never shop tired.
After a nights sleep I had a new mind on things and decided that this wasn't such a bad mistake. I have been wanting a mac for sometime but never really buckled and got one. Today, or I should say in 3 to 5 days, I will be the proud owner of a Mini Mac.
Seeing as I would be a switcher and have been an avid windows user since the days of 3.0 I decided that it probably wouldn't hurt to join a mac forum and become familiar with the lingo as well as problems that can occur and how to fix them.
Personally I have ended several disputes with M$ by slamming the phone down, I am ready for a change. I am ready for a person to come ask me to fix there windows based system again and I can play stupid saying but I'm a Mac user. I am ready for a long refreshing vacation from that little OS I called home for so many years.
As I write this I wonder if there are any tips avid Mac users can give a switcher. Or recent switchers and words of advice?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch MacBook Pro
Just stick around this forum and you will be fine. If you understand computers regardless of OS the transition should be fairly smooth. I work on MS servers all day and just love the fact that I do it all from my iMac at home and my MacBook Pro at work.

OP
A
Reaction score
I want to use it as an excuse so i don't have to continually fix the same computer issues over and over.

"Hey Aaron fix my computer"
"..."
"Well"
"Dude, I own a mac"
"Oh... Never Mind"

That's my plans anyways. Plus I don't really care for vista and the new windows 7 looks like its going to be nothing but headaches. Imagine watered down Vista. AND if you want anything you have to download it using live.microsoft. At least that's how it sounds.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch MacBook Pro
Shopping tired is one thing. Shopping after one too many beers is another. I woke up once and I found my Visa on the nightstand and my wife dancing around the room singing New York, New York. Expedia should have a breathalyzer on their site after 2AM.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
I think it was divine intervention. ^-^"

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.