Word processing software

Reaction score
What is the best for IMAC. I am used to word from PC but not sure if I should buy pages or Office for mac. What are the advantages of each? If I get pages can I send documents to people that do not use that program? Thanks for your suggestions.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 Macbook Pro, 8g RAM, iPhone 6, iPad Mini, Apple TV
You could always use the free Neo Office. Works with all document types. Has all the features of Word, etc. and is compatible with just about anything.

OP
M
Reaction score
I have used open office but it has been having problems the past few months and just gets hung up. I think it was an Apple update that messed with it.
I have never tried Neo office, maybe I will try that.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Office 2008 is the go particularly if your iMac is an Intel model, the avatar does not say. Also if you are at college or university, some lecturers may only accept work submitted in Office format.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21" 8GB, MBP 15" 2.5 Penryn, 4 GB/180 GB
Well, except that Office 2008 is not exactly like Office 2007; there will still be a slight learning curve. And if the OP wants VBA, then Office 2008 is out - VBA not supported.

I have been using NeoOffice for some time (based on OO 2.4, but in January will be based on OO 3.0) and it is very solid, and is crafted to be Mac-like. I have also used OO 3.0 since it was in private beta, and I have never had a problem with it. A few Mac issues (not correct alignment display support), but overall a usable program

And yes, I worked at a Fortune 50 company as an analyst for 8 years (until early this year), so I know what can be done on the Windows side for MS Office.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.