how to play pc games on my mac osx 10.5.5

Reaction score
This is my first mac computer and I am having a hard time working with it.I would really be grateful for some tips on this issue.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0ghz, iMac 1.6ghz
You gotta tell us your computer specs like cpu speed, gfx card, amount of ram and obviously what mac you have.

ChrisN

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2.5 GHz 2 GB RAM 250 GB HDD NViDA GeForce 8600 GMT
Have u installed windows on it btw?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
Reaction score
I could use some help.

Same problem.Let me tell you what i have been doing first.
Macbook Pro 17",dual core 2.93.
vid card is Nvidia GeForce 9600 GT 512.
i generally have Vusion ware allocate the Windows software at 1 proc with about 2 G of ram.
The game i'm trying to play is Empires of Total War.It meets the minimum specs on the box.
The game boots to teh first screen then locks up!The whole system crashes then.
Can anyone help me here?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Although Fusion can run some games well, most need to run from native Windows. I believe you're probably going to have to install Windows using Boot Camp if you intend to run Total War. The crash is occurring because of the lack of graphics support when in Fusion.

Regards.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I have yet to find any modern 3D-based game that runs well in either VMWare or Parallels.

My only other comment would be to consider Mac versions of the games you want to play, there are more and more ports now that developers can use technologies like Cider to easily bring a game over.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Unibody MBP (2009), White MB (2009), iMac G4
Why are you shocked? It only makes sense that applications and games will run much better when in a native environment, where they can take advantage of everything the computer has to offer. Virtualization is great for simple programs, but obviously games will run better natively.

Reaction score
i have a noob question:

HOW WELL does windows run natively on a mac?

im an oldschool pc user/gamer, but im also a professional designer, and now that its time to get a new machine its either a mac pro or another custom pc.

so my worries are mostly about the old, ooold games (like my favourite game, fallout tactics, from the year 2000), and also custom-made PC software.

so are there ANY further problems when running windows on mac hardware, or does windows not really give a **** as long as i use boot camp?

also, when im using HARDWARE which does not support mac, will it still work when im natively in windows?

please tell your experiences!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
i have a noob question:

HOW WELL does windows run natively on a mac?

im an oldschool pc user/gamer, but im also a professional designer, and now that its time to get a new machine its either a mac pro or another custom pc.

so my worries are mostly about the old, ooold games (like my favourite game, fallout tactics, from the year 2000), and also custom-made PC software.

so are there ANY further problems when running windows on mac hardware, or does windows not really give a **** as long as i use boot camp?

also, when im using HARDWARE which does not support mac, will it still work when im natively in windows?

please tell your experiences!

Windows runs fine on an Intel Mac. When it comes right down to it, these are high-end PCs. Apple provides hardware drivers with Boot Camp to facilitate installing and using Windows, but you don't HAVE to stick with those drivers once Windows is installed. Just get the latest/greatest drivers from nVidia or ATI for much improved graphics rendering performance. It's no different whatsoever from any other PC, except for Macs not being made with cheap cruddy buggy hardware.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.