battery cycles?

Reaction score
hi, i was wondering if someone can help me, i bought a MBP , the early 2008 edition, i've had it for about 5 weeks now , and already i have 44 cycles on my battery how's that possible, since i've seen macbook that are 1 year old and have only 100 cycles!!!!

what do you think is going with my MBP ??

Reaction score
Hi i have a macbook new, had it for 1 month, use it mostly plugged in and i have 24 cycles on it, i'm still not sure why....if u figure it out let me know

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Aluminum 2.0 GHz, 160GB HD, 4GB RAM
This was being discussed in another thread already entitled is "my new macbook normal?."

I have a 2.0 GHz Aluminum MacBook with 4GB of Ram and the 160GB Hard Drive.

I have had mine for 5 weeks and it has 33 cycles on the battery and I know this to be correct. Aside from the fact that those numbers you mention sound normal; I wouldn't worry about your cycle count, but rather about your battery performance because you are not going to get a new computer or battery over 30-40 cycles being on a 5 week old battery (sounds completely within the normal range).

My statistics from iStat are: Health - 100%
Cycles 33.

My statistics from CoconutBattery are:
Current Battery Charge - 4274 mAh
Max Battery Charge - 4274 mAh at 100%
Original Battery Capacity - 4100 mAh
Battery-loadcycles- 33
Age of your Mac - 8 weeks (have had for 4 weeks).

From what I have gathered, the average mAh of a MacBook battery is around 4100 mAh. My MacBook battery lasts over 4 hours with backlight LCD at half power and internet being used constantly for updating football statistics at a sports bar using AirPort the whole time. I typically have 6 to 7 pages auto reloading at the same time. I am there from 12:30 to 4:15 and leave with 30+ min left in the battery indicator. Clearly the battery life is well beyond four hours without a heavy load on the CPU. Hope these numbers help determine if your battery is similar to mine.

OP
H
Reaction score
hey thanks for your responses, i installed coconutbatteryand it says that my MBP is 3 months old!!! dude whats up with that haha

futch, you're numbers are very similar to my MBP's, so i hope you're right and everything is normal, i wasn't going to return it dude, i was just trying to figure out if it sounded right that i had 44 cycles on a 5 week use....i guess i should start using it plugged more instead of running it on the battery.

i've lost 1 % already from the health of the batt but i suppose that ok, hopefully....

thanks very much

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Aluminum 2.0 GHz, 160GB HD, 4GB RAM
That 1% loss isn't a bad thing and you will not notice a difference. I keep mine plugged in a fair amount too. I figure that if I am near the charger I might as well to save the battery.

I was referring to benzema24 about returning his MacBook because he referenced doing so in the other thread.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.