Firefox Page Display

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
Firefox 2.0.0.18 on iMac G3 600 with OS 10.3.9.

There is a discrepancy between the way in which FFox displays different web pages, such as the ones shown in the attachments.

They are, respectively, the BBC News page, another Mac forum page, and then this M-F page, which shows quite normally.

My guess is that this has come about following the excruciating process of establishing browser links in FFox, with countless infuriating cookies being set, and after installing new software on the iMac after an erase and install of Panther. I denied cookies that were blatant advertising links, and maybe I denied a cookie that determines how a page is displayed.

Any advice, other than removing all cookies, and then going through the whole horrendous process again? I am not going to have ads and banners bothering me while I'm browsing Mac forums.

El Curmudgeon

View attachment Pic2.pdf

View attachment Pic3.pdf

View attachment Pic4.pdf

OP
hughvane
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
I've worked out what's causing the issue - AdBlockPlus. I entered a wildcard setting of *, which acts as a catch-all filter. I've still to work out how to tweak AdBlock so that it does in fact block ads and banners (the bane of these forums). It works fine on this eMac and FFox, which is my principal computer/browser, so I need more time with the iMac and FFox to sort it out.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.