Microsoft Word won't open on Destop?

Reaction score
Hello,

I hope I am posting this in the right section. I recently just switched from my PC to a 2.4GHz MacBook. I am very please with the computer thus far, a little skeptical of uninstalling items by simply dragging them to the trash. Most recently, my Microsoft Word, when clicked on at the desktop says: The application Microsoft Word quit unexpectedly.

I reported it and it says:
Dyld Error Message:
Library not loaded: @executable_path/../Frameworks/MicrosoftComponentPlugin.framework/Versions/12/MicrosoftComponentPlugin
Referenced from: /Users/MyName/Desktop/Microsoft Word.app/Contents/MacOS/Microsoft Word
Reason: image not found

However, when I go into the Applications and Click on the Word Icon it will go right into it with no problems. Can anyone help me with this?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank You!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
There will be an uninstaller on the software CD and if it is in the Application folder it should not be on the desktop. Open Applications>Microsoft Office and drag the Word icon to the Dock and leave it there.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.