call of duty 4

Reaction score
hi, i just bought cod4 for my macbook ,but it crashes everytime i try to play it. does anyone know how to fix this? i was going to try and set the graphics down but cant figure out how to do it .....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15 inch 2.4ghz Peryn 4 gig
I am assuming that you mean the new macbook, I wouldn't recommend it on the old white and black one. And do you mean cod4 for windows with bootcamp or for mac. For windows to set down the settings go to options then click graphics, you can change your resolution etc. Also if you click texture settings and turn those to manual then low, that should help out as well.

OP
V
Reaction score
its for a mac not bootcamp windows, and i have the black macbook, i bought it less than a year ago

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15 inch 2.4ghz Peryn 4 gig
if your still there and interested, I would personally not find that graphics of the black macbook sufficient with COD4, and i don't even know if the mac version is supported by the intergrated graphics in the macbook

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
 13" MacBook Air w/ 1.8GHz i7 & 4GB, iPhone 5S 32GB Gold
Yeah, I agree with stal1n77. I was going to get one of those MacBooks but seeing as they usually have less ram, and have Intel on-board graphics (that were released about a year ago) I wouldn't find the graphics sufficient to run Call of Duty 4 as it can be a very graphical game, even at the lowest graphics settings.

This is the only reason I can think of for it not running. If you want to go for gaming on a Mac I would recommend a 20" iMac or a 15" MacBook Pro.

Sorry to hear about this though, I know how expensive Call of Duty 4 is for Mac (the reason why I haven't bought it yet).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mid-2010 15" MacBook Pro 2.8 i7, 8GB, OS X 10.6.8
Whatever you guys do, buy it, and/or get it working quick.
The game is awesome, I have the mac version (Aspyr) for my iMac.

The only thing is there isn't a lot of mac players on there, mostly PC (yes, it's cross platform with the 1.7 patch). Every time I play people are talking about
what speed their PC is, or video card, or blah, blah, blah. I type in that I'm playing off a mac and people either say: "what?, really?" or that I'm a dork. Granted they're probably 15 years old and I'm old enough to be their mother's boy-toy, but still, we need more mac players out there.

Disclaimer: I know this post wasn't constructive to your problem. I'm sorry.

Reaction score
So has anyone actually tried it on the new MacBook (the silver one). I got mine a couple of months ago... havent actually played any games on it but i really want to try the CoD for Mac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook l Ipod nano 4gb l ipod classic 80 gb
I'm running it on the old white macbook and it works well for me...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.4GHz C2D, 4GB Memory, 250GB Hard Disk | iPod nano 1st gen 2GB
I am pretty interested in playing COD4. I wonder whether GF9400M can handle this game?

Reaction score
how to play online

hey guys i have COD4 for about a month now and i already finish it like 20 times i sware is one of the best games ever... now that the game has become a litle repetitive i wanted to play online but i cant and i dont know why... any idea? is it because there is not much COD mac players? or i have to look for an special server?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
I am pretty interested in playing COD4. I wonder whether GF9400M can handle this game?
I have that MacBook and it plays fine...

Reaction score
I'm running it on the old white macbook and it works well for me...

Are you serious? I really need to know if the old macbook can play cod4 or not. I have an old white macbook with 2.4Ghz, 2GB Ram memory and Intel GMA X3100 chipset with 144MB VRAM.

I already play cod and cod2 in my macbook, and i really really want to try cod4. Many people say that an old macbook with intel chipset cannot play the game. Anyone have tried?

Reaction score
answare

Are you serious? I really need to know if the old macbook can play cod4 or not. I have an old white macbook with 2.4Ghz, 2GB Ram memory and Intel GMA X3100 chipset with 144MB VRAM.

I already play cod and cod2 in my macbook, and i really really want to try cod4. Many people say that an old macbook with intel chipset cannot play the game. Anyone have tried?

i have in my hands de COD4 original box and it says:

-MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS:
OS: Mac OS X 10.5.4 (Leopard) / CPU: 2.0 GHz / RAM: 1GB / Hard Drive: 8 GB + 1 GB Swap File / VIDEO: ATI Radeon X1600, NVidia Geoforce 7300 / VIDEO RAM: 128 MB / DISC DRIVE: DVD-ROM Drive / PERIPHERALS: Macintosh mouse and keyboard / Multiplayer: Internet and LAN (TCP/IP) play supported. internet play requires broadband connection.

-RECOMENDED SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS:
OS: Mac OS X 10.5.4 (Leopard) / CPU SPEED: 2.4 GHz / RAM: 2 GB / VIDEO RAM: 256 MB

-SUPPORTED VIDEO CARDS:
ATI RADEON: X1600, X1900, HD 2400, HD 2600 / NVidia GEOFORCE: 7300, 7600, 8600, 8800, QUADRO FX 4500

NOTICE: Intel integrated Video Chipset are not supported. / Apple Intel Chipset only. Power PC Processors (G4 and G5) are not supported. / This game is not supported on volumes formatted as Mac OS Extended Case Sensitive.

Hope this can help u...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
Just to reiterate:
NOTICE: Intel integrated Video Chipset are not supported.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Alu MacBook Core 2 Duo 2.0Ghz, 2GB DDR3, 160 + 320GB HDD, Gforce 9400m - iPhone 8GB 2.2 T-Mobile
I had the PC version and that wouldn't load at all on my white macbook (via bootcamp) because of the Intel onboard graphics (it even has more memory available under Windows as well, 386mb vs 144mb for OS X).

Reaction score
ok then i guess i will not try it. Anw cod and cod 2 on mac are awesome!

actually CoD 4 does run on a black macbook, but horribly slow of course, even with all settings to low...

it's still fun in SP (if u don't mind lots of lag, and don't expect to do veteran with it) but just forget MP.

and don't bother if u have CoD2 of course..

Reaction score
anyone know if the 1.7 version can be turned back to 1.2??

mac pro 8 core . 3.2ghz . 14GB ram . Radeon HD 4870 512MB . 2.5TB .

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.