• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

iMovie HD to iDVD or QT audio problem..HELP PLEASE!

Reaction score
Hey! So this is my first post on here but I have been scouring the forums for a solution and havent quite found one. So heres my problem.

Ive made a slideshow/movie in iMovie HD 06 and have also made a soundtrack that goes along with it. The timing of the soundtrack is extremely important and for some reason when I try to share it to iDVD 08 it starts to lag behind more and more after the first couple chapters. And the audio that I have that is part of my video clips works (no problems with off sync of 16bit audio) just the soundtrack from itunes. Ive also tried everything I could think of or find on these forums with QT. No dice. The soundtrack starts to lag behind after exporting to QT or just with the iDVD previewer. HELP PLEASE!!! I have to get this done asap!!!!!

My last choice is to try and get iDVD 06 working I guess but I havent been able to find any real answers how to get it working with 08.

Im running a mac air, OS X 10.5.5 1.6ghz duo with 2gb ddr2 sdram. Not much hard drive space left..but enough. Around 15gb.

Any help would be appreciated!! THANKS!

Cheers,
Trevor

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
Perhaps the files need to be converted to 48kHz, or at least the same sample rate.

OP
D
Reaction score
Hey xstep,

Thanks for the input but I actually just managed to fix it! YES!!!! Finally after about a week of attempting everything I figured it out. So if anyone has problems somewhat similar to mine this was a sure fix for me.

Basically it was my soundtrack that was going out of sync. So all I did was tried exporting to QT but much smaller pieces of my slideshow/movie. I did it by just selecting the scenes I wanted to take and thus exporting my movie bit by bit. I seperated my show into about 7 segements. Then when I had them all in QT .mov format and each segement was in sync i just dragged them into a new iMovie HD project. This put the video and audio all together in chunks. Then iDVD worked like a charm! No off sync'ing! Thank God I didn't partition my drive for iDVD 06! Whew!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.