• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Your Favourite Breakfast

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
What is your favourite start to the culinary day? By that I mean the sort of breakfast that has you drooling in anticipation.

I don't mean the breakfast you know you have to eat, you've no other option, or the sort you know you should eat, whatever that might be, nor the one the dietitians tell you you should eat for health reasons. No, I mean the one for which you would almost die.

I treat myself to substantial breakfasts in w/ends, because I eat only twice a day. A personal choice, nothing else. What I look forward to is poached eggs on wholegrain toast, with leftover gravy from the Sat night roast as topping. I can leap tall buildings at a single bound after a breakfast like that. ;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 Pro - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - macOS Monterey
I seriously just stumble into my kitchen at a random hour, grab food randomly, come back to my room, eat it, and then pass out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Unibody
French Toast ... I freaking love french toast!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D 24-inch iMac; 14-inch iBook G4
Tmi :)?

I actually had to give this one some thought! My mouth watering breakfast starts out with eggs of course - not scrambled, good heavens, the only egg that should be scrambled is powdered eggs. I prefer my 3 eggs fried over medium, I like the white cooked but the yellow runny :). There has to be some kind of potato, hash browns, home fries, etc.. Then there's meat, steak, pork chop, bacon & sausage, but there has to be some kind of meat. I also like bread, either toast with butter & jelly or biscuits with gravy, country gravy is a plus. Pancakes aren't necessary for me as they've never been a favorite of mine - generally too dry even with syrup. To drink, milk & coffee (leaded), none of that decaf stuff for me. OJ is nice occasionally but never required.

So, when's breakfast :)?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2GHz Core 2 Duo, 80 GB HD, 1 GB memory
big, thick buttermilk pancakes with butter and maple syrup. mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
933 Mhz Powermac Quicksilver,1.5GB RAM, OSX 10.5, Tangerine 300MHz Clamshell, OS 9.2
Lmao I'm such a pervert I can't answer this question. :x

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
Steak, medium-rare, 3 eggs (over-easy), hasbrowns - nice and crispy, toast (whole wheat, burnt), waffles, and a cup of black coffee/pint of Guinness.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Lmao I'm such a pervert I can't answer this question. :x

And here you are thinking of getting a kitty cat you dirty devil you!

Fried eggs and bacon, french toast and tomato sauce and NOT icing sugar and cream as served in the States.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP l iPhone l iPod
pork roll w/ cheese and a fried egg on an english muffin

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Home maid blue berry waffles with maple syrup, and coffee. ^-^"

Reaction score
Cafe con leche and any cookie or biscuit i come across. Some croissant would be much appreciated.

Sory, but the sole idea of starting my day with fried eggs makes me nauseous :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
a 'traditional' English breakfast. Scrambled eggs, rasher of bacon, sausages, baked beans, hash browns, and half a tomato. Needless to say I haven't had one in a very long time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.66 GHz... Running 10.5.7
a 'traditional' English breakfast. Scrambled eggs, rasher of bacon, sausages, baked beans, hash browns, and half a tomato. Needless to say I haven't had one in a very long time.

You have turned on my 'HUNGRY MUST EAT NOW' switch. :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
You have turned on my 'HUNGRY MUST EAT NOW' switch. :D
if only I could easily find Heinz baked beans.. I might have to look.. and proper English bacon.. then I might introduce my wife (and kids) to this wondrous breakfast :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I seriously just stumble into my kitchen at a random hour, grab food randomly, come back to my room, eat it, and then pass out.

Then you shower because you smelled like ramen noodles? ;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook - 2GHZ - 1GB RAM - 80GB HD - 500GB External HD - 8GB iPod Touch

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
i guess i'd have to say french toast, side of nice thick cut, extremely crispy lean bacon and coffee or tea.

normally, what i end up with when i work is either oatmeal and tea or if i stop for breakkie it's usually a steak mcskillet burrito with coffee at mcdonalds (which are actually quite good).

if i'm home it could be anything. usually standing cause i'm serving 4 and 1 year old boys at the same time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.4Ghz, 4GB memory, 160GB hard drive, Leopard, 20" Widescreen Samsung Display
Bacon sandwich on brown bread with Heinz Tomato Ketchup and coffee.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
if only I could easily find Heinz baked beans.. I might have to look.. and proper English bacon.. then I might introduce my wife (and kids) to this wondrous breakfast :D

Here in NY we have both of those within two miles of my home. ;) :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8 Core 2.8, 6gb Ram, 2TB HD space, Geforce 8800GT//Macbook Pro 2.16, 2gb Ram
Buttery biscuits with sausage patties and scrambled eggs, buttermilk pancakes lightly crispy around the edges, nice and fluffy in the middle with grade A maple syrup.
A nice creamy cup of hot chocolate.

Man I'm ditching this thread. It's making me way too hungry.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.