Do The New MacBooks (Aluminum Unibody) Have Motion Sensors Like The Previous Models?

Reaction score
Do the new MacBooks have the Motion Dectection Sensors the previous generation of MacBooks had and if so, will programs like iAlertU and Virtue (w/ Parallels) work on the new MacBook?

For those who don't know iAlertU is a program that acts like a car alarm and uses the motion sensors to detect someone trying to physically steal your MacBook.

And I believe Virtue is what some Parallels users are using to allow them to switch between OS's by simply tapping the side of the screen (like the SmackBook).

In either case, they exploit the motion detection sensors used to protect the hard drive to accomplish their respective tasks and I am interested in purchasing and using both of these products when I am able to obtain a new MacBook, but I want to make sure they will work with the new MacBook first.

Does anyone know if the new MacBook still retains this feature or even better has someone with a new MacBook installed and tested these products? Or if someone has a new MacBook and has not tested one of these products, could you please download an eval copy of iAlertU, test it out, and report back? Thanks.

I originally learned of both these products on blackmacbook.com when contemplating purchasing a Black MacBook. Here are the links:

iAlertU: MacBook iAlertU alarm Video » BlackMacBook.com Videos

Parallels & Virtue Fast OS Switching: Smooth multitasking between Mac OS, Linux, and Windows XP » BlackMacBook.com Videos

Thank You For Your Time & Help,
R. Alan Ingalls

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
::24" 2.8ghz iMac w/ nVidia 8800GS::2.4Ghz Unibody Macbook::
OP
R
Reaction score
Thanks gixxersean.

I was actually in Memphis this weekend and I'm currently typing this from a new MacBook in the Saddle Creek Apple Store. I downloaded iAlertU to test it and it does indeed work. So the motion sensors are there and do still work the way they did in the previous white and black models.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.