• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

And yet another productive, yet unproductive day (guitar amp content)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
Actually, it was 2 days ago, but anyways, I turned my 10w Silvertone combo into an amp head.

The 6" speaker that was in it finally blew, which I've been waiting for, for a long time so I could do this. I paid $40 for this amp brand new, and it actually doesn't sound THAT bad at higher volumes. (Okay maybe it does).

I made a speaker cab using this fairly-strong cardboard box (ghetto, I know eh?), and a 12" speaker from this old set of Kenwood home theater speakers I used to have. Believe it or not, it handles taking my Tele, through this amp rather well.

Now, I'm not saying this setup sounds amazing, but it works for me until I get enough cash for a decent tube amp (new laptop has priority as I need it for my business).

But anyways, without further adeux, here are some pics. It's a hack-job and a half, I had limited tools and an improper work-space (my kitchen haha).

Enjoy!

DSC00466.jpg

-
DSC00468.jpg

-
DSC00467.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
933 Mhz Powermac Quicksilver,1.5GB RAM, OSX 10.5, Tangerine 300MHz Clamshell, OS 9.2
Tube amps rule. As a drummer who loathes guitarists and lead singers, I'm glad you play an instrument and have a tolerable ego. :p

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.