Web Cam - Green Light

Reaction score
Hi, I turnt my white 2.4 macbook on today and suddenly the green light next to the webcam is on...and i cant seem ti turn it off :(

i read online that you shoud try taking a photo with photobooth to turn it off however, when I try to take a picture the screen is all black and not taking any pictures yet the green light remains on..

any help please?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
::24" 2.8ghz iMac w/ nVidia 8800GS::2.4Ghz Unibody Macbook::
Go to your closest apple store and have a genius decide you need a new macbook:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 uni
I have heard it happing to a few people they cant seem to turn it off

OP
K
Reaction score
update:

i turnt the macbook off and charged it up till it was full..and the next day i turnt my macbook on the green light disappeared..and hasn't happened again :)

and today when i turned the macbook on the green light has appeared again...? i this a common problem...? has this happened to anybody else..?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP (Mid-2015), 2.8 Ghz i7, 16GB DDR3, AMD M370X Gfx, 1 TB SSD
Some hacker is watching you.

Reaction score
This is also happening to me, and has been going on for about a week. It started after I had a kernel panic, and then a reinstall of the os. No luck yet.

update:

i turnt the macbook off and charged it up till it was full..and the next day i turnt my macbook on the green light disappeared..and hasn't happened again :)

and today when i turned the macbook on the green light has appeared again...? i this a common problem...? has this happened to anybody else..?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.