Crossover vs Parallels ??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17-inch model 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor
anyone had trouble with newest version of crossover?? It seems buggy to me. It seems like Parallels is a much better choice to run window apps then crossover.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I've tried using Crossover and quickly uninstalled it. It does have its use for certain applications such as Office for Windows but it's not suited to run applications which need faster graphics. The only reason I tried Crossover was that it was free right before the elections.

Parallels or Fusion is a better choice, although if you intend on running games in Windows, creating a Boot Camp partition and running Windows natively may be best.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP, 2.0Ghz, 2GB RAM, 120GB HDD, 1991 Powerbook 100, Gen 2 Nano, Gen 1 Touch
If you need to use a wide variety of Windows apps then I suggest Parallels or Fusion. I use Crossover simply to run Office 2007 as I prefer it to Mac Office and need to ensure I have 100% compatibility as I transfer docs to and from work.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.