garageband recording...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook pro 2.6mhz, 4gbram

Hi all ! I'm a newbie to forums, not so to Macs, however i have a problem. Mother in law has asked me to convert her cassettes to discs- she has recorded her families life story onto tape and wants to preserve it- go gran!-
I'm presuming i do this in Garageband on a new vocal track, plug in the player -rca to mic in jack- let it run on record for 45 mins Save it, then drag it into Toast 9 to get it onto a disc.If this is the way, fine. But if there is anything iam missing- please ....let me know powerbiltdriver @gmail.com

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4, 1.5Ghz, 768Mb RAM, 80gb hard drive-imac G4-ipod touch 32Gb 3g-Macbook 2.4ghz, 2BG RAM
So far so good pbd. If you want to create individual tracks in GarageBand, you will need to turn on the loop function and drag the loop points to the beginning and end of the specific tracks (one track at a time) and save them to disc. This will be great for going straight to the selected tracks as opposed to one big file.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac, 13" MacBook
Or just record in one big take, and cut the track at selected intervals where you want the tracks to be :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.