DVD not appearing on desktop

Reaction score
Hey guys, can someone tell me whats happening and what the best way to resolve it is, when I insert a DVD it will start up and play fine and also appear in the sidebar but not on the desktop (which has always done before) so if someone can tell me if its a setting etc it will be much appreciated. thanks guys.

Just to add guys, im also backing up some of my dvds and using mac the ripper to do so, but when extracting the files again the folder is not appearing on the desktop as this is the location I told it to save to, but again going to desktop on the sidebar, the folder is there!

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
One quick thing you could check is Finder Preferences and the General Tab. Be sure all those are checked. If they are let us know.

Picture 1.jpg

OP
R
Reaction score
yeah, they have all been checked, I also tried unchecking them and rechecking but the DVD is still not there, or the burning folder.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Great to hear that fixed it. I was going to suggest repairing permissions and rebooting. Thanks for letting us know what solved the issue.

I have been searching in google for a while now! :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.