Airtunes Alternative - Wireless music streaming.

Reaction score
I was wondering if their is any other alternative to the airport express, which has the airtunes feature. I had to buy the extreme, because I have more wired computers in my house. I really want the wireless streaming from my MBP to my speakers, is their any other way of doing this?
Can I still buy the express, and somehow not use the wi-fi feature, only airtunes?
Thanks a lot.
- Steven.F

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch MacBook Pro
I have Sonos and I also have a few APE zones. I do exactly what you are talking about. The APE's just join the Extreme network and play tunes. That will work just fine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBAir
Yes, you can use an airport express without wi-fi. I use it that way and it works great.

Reaction score
I was wondering if their is any other alternative to the airport express, which has the airtunes feature. I had to buy the extreme, because I have more wired computers in my house. I really want the wireless streaming from my MBP to my speakers, is their any other way of doing this?
Can I still buy the express, and somehow not use the wi-fi feature, only airtunes?
Thanks a lot.
- Steven.F

If your speakers are connected to a computer, I made an application for it. It captures sound from one computer and transfers to another. Have a look: speakershare - Project Hosting on Google Code

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.