external HD doesn´t mount

Reaction score
Friends.

My external HD doesn't mount after that hung up without ejecting.
I was in a hurry, so I tried to eject but was not allowing, then I shut down the HD through his button turns on or off of and went away.
When I connect it again, was not working more.
It showing normaly in disk utility, but does not mount.
When you click to repair the disc it says "Link of imams invalid" and no repairs ...

It is not possible that the HD lose the partition not only by ejecting.

please help me

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It's possible your external hard drive has become corrupted to where it can no longer be read by the system, therefore will not mount. Sometimes, when force shutting down a HDD instead of ejecting it, partition information gets lost or corrupted because the system is still trying to write and read from it.

You can try using First Aid from Disk Utility and verify\repair the disk. If that doesn't work or won't work, you may have to erase the drive and re-format.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Or DiskWarrior may be the go if you have it? A vital tool for drive maintenance!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.