iWork '08 Now... When's '09?

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm thinking of purchasing iWork '08 Family pack for two Macs, but since MacWorld is coming up again in January? I wondering when will they update iWork and also iLife?

I'm not in a big rush yet since I have an old version of Office 2004. But it's not totally compatible with the Intel iMac and Leopard. I had some stability problems with it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Well before iWork/iLife 08 there was iWork/iLife 06, so it's possible that we won't see another one till 2010.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 GHz iMac Core 2 Duo with 2.5 gigs of RAM
I would be shocked if new versions of iWork and iLife were not released in January. Definitely wait.

OP
M
Reaction score
Well before iWork/iLife 08 there was iWork/iLife 06, so it's possible that we won't see another one till 2010.

Yeah you're absolutely right. Apple my not do an update. But, I guess I'll wait till MacWorld to decide.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Keep in mind that Apple will primarily focus on getting "Snow Leopard" to market sometime next year. Like Kash said it's possible that the next upgrade will be 2010.

Anyway, what's wrong with purchasing it now if you need it now?

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro w/ Snow Leopard, iPhone 3GS
I would wait until MacWorld and if nothing is announced, then go for '08. It's an excellent set of productivity apps, I regret nothing. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.