my powerbook seems to be louder than usual

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" PB 1.5, 512 ram, superdrive, one sexy computer!
Just recently my powerbook started to make more noise when it is running than it used to. So I have two questions. What is something inside that makes noise? I am thinking hard drive and fan. Its just a tad annoying because it used to be perfectly quiet. So I am worried something could be wrong. When I had a problem with the logic board like two months after I bought it, and it took a real long time to get back to me, I complained and spoke to a supervisor who said if I ever have a problem, they would replace it. So I may do that...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
well, if you can get a brand new powerbook, then back up your stuff and just get it

P

Papadelta

What type of noise? I have a 15" aluminum G4 and the only noise I've ever heard is from the occasional CD that is not balanced properly. Makes a **** of a racket. Does the 15 have a fan? I've never heard it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.