iTunes 8.0.2/Airtunes with a Mac and a PC Requires a Re-Boot of the Airport Express

Reaction score
I haven't seen this particular small problem elsewhere and still have not found a fix. The problem has only existed since installing iTunes 8.0.2.

I play music via Airtunes on both my Macbook and a Dell PC. Everything is fine with my Macbook. iTunes locates my Airport Express and plays through perfectly.

The same is true for my Dell PC if I am starting it up "fresh." In other words, if I have recently unplugged, then re-plugged in my Airport Express, everything is fine. The iTunes on my Dell PC locates the Airport Epress and plays through it. But then if I play some music with the Macbook, then GO BACK to play through the Dell PC...it won't work! The iTunes won't be able to locate the Airport Express until I unplug it and re-plug it in again.

It's almost like the Macbook is stealing the Airtunes access from the PC. It's like a game between them!

Firmware is up to date (6.3). Airtunes is enabled in the Utility. iTunes is allowed through the Firewall on the PC.

Thoughts?

Reaction score
Same problem here. Please report to Apple as follows...

Hi,

I'm having exactly the same problem.

I reported it to Apple iTunes feedback here:

Apple - iTunes - Feedback

I suggest you do the same.

Very frustrating!!!

Thanks for confirming that I'm not crazy : )

Kurt

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.