parallels trouble - vista

Reaction score
I just installed vista on parallels, then installed parallels tools for the drivers etc.

Originally, the internet worked fine for the first few times booting up vista, now suddenly no internet connection can be made. its connected to my network through parallels but the internet wont connect.

This is my first mac, (new aluminum macbook) so i'm not so farmiliar with the in's and outs yet.

any help would be awesome, thanks

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Might be a security issue. Do you have WEP, WPA, etc, turned on from your router? If so, temporarily turn off all security to test the system.

If you have an ethernet cable (CAT-5 cable) connect it from your router to the MacBook and see if you can get on the net that way - again as a test.

Regards.

OP
M
Reaction score
I figured out the issue.

My Host was my old PC, and turning it off resulted in no connection for vista through parallels.
Ill have to just set up my macbook as the host now, no need for the pc anymore.

Thanks for the reply!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.