Processor and HD speeds on New Macbook Pro - 2 questions

Reaction score
So I've done all the searches, read a TON of helpful information, but I just wanted to confirm my results for my specific situation (sorry for being selfish but this might actually help someone in the same boat).

I'm going to buy a new macbook and am deciding on whether I need the 2.4 or 2.53 processor speed. I am going to be using the computer primarily for photoediting tasks and perhaps video-editing. I plan to max out the RAM at 4GB so in everyone's expert opinion, do I need the faster processor speed? Is it worth the extra $500?

I've been a bit out of touch with the type of OS systems out now but I read a new one will be coming out soon. Will the 2.4 be able to handle it?

Also, between the 7200 and 5400 RPM HD, does it just affect the bootup time and file transfer time or is there something else that the HD RPM serves?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP/2.53GHz i5/4GB RAM/500GB HDD/15" LED Screen/Intel HD Graphics & NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M
2.4 will handle Snow Leopard fine but i strongly suggest you max the RAM to 4GB if you're looking at photo / video application.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.