FTP hosting on an iBook G3 (toilet seat)

Reaction score
So I have my old iBook G3... the colored kind that looks like a toilet seat. I decided to set up an ftp host for the heck of it. It is running 10.2.8, 466 MHz, 128 MB... I know, not too exciting. I am using DynDNS 1.2 updater because the newer versions were not compatible with 10.2. I also downloaded an earlier version of pureftpd manager (1.2), but am not quite sure how I should configure it. Any ideas? I really only want it for personal use and maybe for my girlfriend to sign on to too. Do I even need to use pureftp, or should I just give her her own system user account?

I really should hook my old external HD up to this too, because right now I only have a dismal 6.5 GB of hd space.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
pureftpd manager is the way to go, it makes it easy to setup different users and control what folders they can access, making the FTP server more secure

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.