Pages'06 Printing Problem

Reaction score
I have a problem with printing from Pages'06 that I hope someone can help me with. It is a long story but I will hit the major events which may or may not be pertinent to my problem.

1. Pages'08 under Tiger, used to print perfectly;

2. Installed Leopard. Leopard had a problem with Painter X. This is a documented issue that Apple nor Corel have been able to rectify. Painter X is very important to me, so ..

3. Re-installed Tiger. Painter X now works fine;

4. Pages'08 now would only print very flat dull prints;

5. I tried everything I knew to get Pages to print as it had. I tried to assign ICC color profiles to Pages'08 and/or my prints but could not. I tried using ColorSync to do this but could not. To be honest here, I did not have to tweak any of these things earlier other than to properly set the Print options most noteable being to be certain that Adobe RGB was selected other than the Epson default;

6. I re-installed Pages'06 because under Print / ColorSync / Color Management there are two options from which to chose: 'Standard' and 'In Printer. 'Standard' lets Pages manage color, 'In Printer' let the printer manage color. Pages'08 does not have this Print option. Further, the Pages'08 manual does not even cover printing;

7. To be clear: All of my ink cartridges are fresh and every test known to me has been run on my Epson R2400 printer and nothing whatsoever is wrong with this printer;

8. From item 6 above: the only option that I have available is 'Standard'. 'In Printer' is grayed out, unselectable;

9. I have learned that when in Print / Preview, you are supposed to be able to go to the Tools menu and select 'Assign Profile', but this is grayed out as well.

Bottom line: I cannot find a way to assign my Epson Color Profiles to my images for printing.

ANY HELP will be greatly appreciated.

Phillip Anthony

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
What type of printer and are Leopard drivers available for it such as Apple v. 1.1.1 update for HP printers released about six week sago? Also did you check the printer drivers available for install from the Leopard disk under Optional Extras or a similar title?

OP
S
Reaction score
What type of printer and are Leopard drivers available for it such as Apple v. 1.1.1 update for HP printers released about six week sago? Also did you check the printer drivers available for install from the Leopard disk under Optional Extras or a similar title?

Hello Harry,

Thanks for your post. I use an Epson R2400 which has performed flawlessy for me since day one.

I have 'stumbled' onto the solution, so to speak. Out of desparation, I chose the incorrect media type 'Enhanced Matte Paper' rather than my documented 'Matter Paper - Heavyweight'. This brought all of my card colors back to their vibrant life. I haven't a clue why this is, and to be very honest, at the moment, I don't care. I can get back to work and that is all that matters to me at the moment. I have lost a lot of time trying to find a solution to this and for the moment anyway, I am good to go.

I have a line of greeting cards and this is a busy time for me. Here is my website for your perusal: http://redristracards.com/

Regards,
Phillip Anthony

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.