Phantom e-mail address book

Reaction score
Is there a phantom address book in my MacBook? I recently updated the ISPs for several addresses (were Adelphia, which sold to Comcast when all the Adelphia founders went to jail). But when I send email to some former adelphia subscribers using their comcast addresses, some phantom memory in the software thinks I still said "Adelphia" and rejects the message. I normally use Entourage, but Mac's own Mail does the same thing (the address books are linked so a change in one appears in the other). What's happening? Where is that hidden address book, and how can I edit or delete those old addresses?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Did you manually edit the details shown in Address Book?

Do this by double clicking on Address Book, selecting name of the recipient and hit the little edit button and change the email address.

OP
C
Reaction score
Of course. But I can't edit an address I can't see. The problem probably lies with the ISP and is not hiding in the Mac at all.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 Macbook Pro, 8g RAM, iPhone 6, iPad Mini, Apple TV
In Mail, have you gone to Window>Previous recipients and deleted the old email addresses from there? Maybe you are being hit with the auto-fill from there, rather than getting the address from your address book.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.