Download from command line

Reaction score
Hi, I need download some files to xserver. I have only ssh access at this moment. How do I download files to the server from command line, like I would wget under linux?
For example if I don't have some tools in linux I can use yum or similar to install missing tools, how do I do this via mac bash, if it possible at all? I googled on the net but can't find anything useful.
Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Unibody
You can use MacPorts to get a lot of the tools available for Unix and Linux. But there is also curl, which comes with the OS, although I am not really a fan of it.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
In addition to MacPorts, you can dig around here:

OS X commands

Also link from there to command line Unix which may or may not be helpful.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Unibody
In addition to MacPorts, you can dig around here:

OS X commands

Also link from there to command line Unix which may or may not be helpful.

Regards.

Interestingly enough curl isn't listed there. But it definitely shows up when I type it into the terminal.

OP
P
Reaction score
I found another build-in utility called lwp-download. Will try curl as well. It is there by default.
Thanks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.