Accessing Internet Via iMac NIC (Ethernet WAN Card)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1 24" iMac - OS X 10.5.6 and 1 17"Macbook Pro same OS
Hi... This is the machine my question relates to

Model Identifier: iMac8,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.66 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 6 MB
Memory: 4 GB
Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz
Boot ROM Version: IM81.00C1.B00
SMC Version: 1.29f1

My problem is as follows:

I own and operate orphanages in China. I have a new Imac 20". The periphial connection ports on this iMac are 1 RJ-45 Ethernet Port, 1 Firewire Port, 2 USB Ports, Exterior Monitor Port, Headphones and speakers.

I want to use a wired Ethernet connection (the RJ-45) port to connect to the Internet.

My ISP provides the following:

A Modem that connects to the computer via RJ-45 port (standard ethernet cable) on the modem to the RJ-45 port on the iMac.

The Modem connects to the server via a common, standard phone line and jack. There is a dedicated phone line that comes to our house (and to the modem) for the Internet Service.

My ISP also provides a small program called "Racer" that allows me to input my required User Name and Password for the ISP.

To connect to the Internet I need to run the small program, input my User Name and Password (the first time only... it remembers for the next use) then click connect and I'm on line... (This is how it worked in my old PC using XP)

Of course, the small program they provide is an .exe program and won't run on my new iMac. Consequently I can't connect to the Internet.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

I will respond to any questions or assistance immediately...

Thank you!

The Oowf

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.