Network Issues

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm new here, and think that this is a great community.

I am having a problem with my Mid 2008 MacBook Pro 15.4" Very simply, the network decides to cease to function. The indicator stays active in the menu bar, but network access stalls and is characterised by launching FireFox and it sitting there in the status bar with Looking up... staying for about a minute before the page either times out or actually decides to load. This happens across any wireless network i connect to (does not occur on wired) and other machines do not have the problem that are on the same radio network.

I can ping the machine when it is not functioning from another host, it can ping its loopback. It cannot ping its default gateway, but if left, the responses come flooding back with 3-4 thousand round trip times.

Really had it with this one, driving me crazy. The "Genious" i spoke to didnt have any idea either.

Any ideas???

:Grimmace:

Picture 26.png

Picture 25.png

asdfg.png

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.