Can I use a student discount plus Black Friday discount on Apple.com?

Reaction score
I don't think anyone has asked this question but does anyone know if you'll be able to apply the student discount on top of the Black Friday discount? This would be an even better steal for students like me. I'm still wondering if I should wait till next Black Friday to get a Macbook or just when the 2nd refresh comes out next year? Yeah there will be a better deal next Black Friday but I will probably need the Macbook before then.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
I don't think anyone has asked this question but does anyone know if you'll be able to apply the student discount on top of the Black Friday discount? This would be an even better steal for students like me. I'm still wondering if I should wait till next Black Friday to get a Macbook or just when the 2nd refresh comes out next year? Yeah there will be a better deal next Black Friday but I will probably need the Macbook before then.

That would be awsome if we could get like a Black Friday discount + student discount, but I seriously think that it would be wishful thinking.

Don't waver on your conviction for the 2nd refresh. ^-^" I know it's tempting but you must resist. Think Quad Core... :p

OP
L
Reaction score
That would be awsome if we could get like a Black Friday discount + student discount, but I seriously think that it would be wishful thinking.

Don't waver on your conviction for the 2nd refresh. ^-^" I know it's tempting but you must resist. Think Quad Core... :p

Lol, oh yeah. The Macbooks will be Quad-Core next year and probably at least $100 cheaper this time next year plus Snow Leopard. Quad Core and 4GB RAM will be a world better than what I have now. Either way I will get a Macbook next year. I just hope the 2nd refresh is before September because it would suck getting a new laptop mid-semester. I want to say goodbye to this old machine asap. I'm already seeing the life-levels of my 5-year old Dell die down a lot. Will it make it till Refresh 2?

While we're talking about Quad Core, if Apple puts the i7 in Macbooks next year it can take up to 3 sticks of RAM, unless Intel is making a different version for notebooks. I checked the Intel website and the i7 can only be found under desktop processors.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.