Trouble with Lexicon Lambda : (

Reaction score
I just purchase the Lamdba interface to connect with my mac book pro
and i go into my sound preferences and go to output and select the driver
but it tells me "The selected driver has no output controls" : (
any help suggestions anything will make me feel better lol i've been
trying to figure it out by the way happy thanksgiving everyone.

-Quynh

Reaction score
Hi

This is correct behaviour. You can still play audio through the device, it simply means that you cannot change the volume from OSX itself.

As the lambda is a professional product, they made it that you cannot adjust the volume from OSX. This helps ensure correct gain structure.

Thats an awesome soundcard. Let me know if you have further questions.

Cheers

OP
Q
Reaction score
Thank you.

Gosh thanks for saving me the trouble i didn't try turning up the volume because i thought it was suppose to output into the computer thank you so much:D

OP
Q
Reaction score
One question...when i plug in the mic with the XLR in the back, i run it through Logic but it only records the left side (one speaker).

Reaction score
One question...when i plug in the mic with the XLR in the back, i run it through Logic but it only records the left side (one speaker).

This is normal. You need to change the track you are recording to in logic to a mono track. You can do so by clicking the plus next to global tracks to create a new track, select audio track and select mono. Then make sure you select input 1 OR 2 as audio input in that same window. (stereo would use 1&2 but the lexicon only gives input on one of these for the mic source) Left should be on channel 1 if I'm not mistaken, so you need to select input 1 for recording on the mono track.

You can also change an existing track to mono by going to the mixer, and clicking on the button that looks like two overlapping circles right below the level meter. It changes to a single circle to indicate mono. You can change it back by clicking again if you want to.

Hope this helps! Again, feel free to ask if you have any other questions!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.