Why can't I uninstall Boot Camp???

Reaction score
I finally managed to install windows XP on my MacBook, but I missed the first step of "Burning the drivers to disk", so windows won't connect to the internet etc etc. I can't uninstall Boot Camp so I can start over and burn the drivers this time. Can anyone help???:Shouting:

Reaction score
Boot Camp is not an app you can uninstall, is just an assistant that makes the partition and helps you install Windows.

You need to got to Boot Camp assistant, select the Windows partition and delete it. then you can start the whole process again.

PS: i never installed windows or used bootcamp on my mac so im not familiar with the whole process, maybe someone can tell you more about the drivers.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
The burning drivers to disc step is no longer a part of Boot Camp. The drivers are available on the recovery disc or the Leopard retail disc.

OP
C
Reaction score
Thanks guys,
The outstanding issue for me though, is that I don't have the Leopard CD... My hard drive died, and when I got my computer back with the new hard drive they had installed Leopard on to it for me but didn't supply the disk...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
The drivers are available for download. You should be able to find them on a torrent site.

Reaction score
Its not the leopard dvd, but the resotre discs.

A month later i've installed windows xp, 7 and ubuntu through BC and parallels, how much have i learned! :)

Reaction score
I have done the same installs (via Fusion), and I hear you on the "how much I have learned" thing! lol

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2,4Ghz 15" unibody
so am I the only one never to have had problems with virtual/dual boot systems on a Mac? :D :D

I guess after I post this, everything will crash and burn :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.