I-Tunes Radio

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" running High Sierra
Hi,

I currently have 2 Imac's and we listen to the I-tunes radio constantly. I do not own a stereo.
Anyhow, i have a detached garage and i have a phone line, data line and cable set up in the garage.
What I would like to do is have I-Tunes radio access in the garage.
What would be my options?
Do i need to buy another system and set one up?
Please give me some feedback on this. THank you

Frostygirl

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
An FM transmitter will do it. You say you don't own a stereo, but you will need a radio if you wish to listen to your iTunes away from your computer.

For example, I have a Tevo brand FM transmitter TEVO FM Transmitter - Tevo Asia Pacific Pte. Ltd.. I plug it into the audio out on my Mac, switch it on, and it transmits iTunes (on a choice of 4 FM frequencies) to wherever I have a radio.

So, I can listen in my garage, out in the garden, upstairs in my living room etc. I've even had it working across the road 50 m away, and in my car parked in front of the house. Only one drawback - the transmitter operates on 1 x AAA battery, which doesn't last very long, like 2-3 hours at most.

Edit: you may be interested in the radio links from the following: http://www.mikesradioworld.com/

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
How is the quality?

Of the Tevo transmission? Remarkable!

When I got this unit, I was skeptical, having done a lot of research, and asking questions on forums. When I took my Sony radio 50 m across the road, just for a giggle really, I was astonished to be listening to the music from iTunes. There was very little fade, hiss or other quality issues. My house is a mix of concrete, timber, alloy and glass, and the Tevo transmits through all that. It has no obvious antenna.

One thing though - in the garage, which is metal-clad, I need to put my radio close to the window, otherwise the metal walls form a shield that blocks or interferes with the signal from the Tevo.

Another thing - the Tevo is small, 70 mm x 35 mm x 15 mm. The frequencies it uses are 88.1, 88.3, 88.5, 88.7.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.