• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

speed

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo. 2GB 667 Mhz Mac Book Pro
i was reading though a british magazine (stuff) and it had the best 50 downloads, there was a section on Macs, i cannot remember the link for the download but what it claimed was the download could speed up your computer from 2.4 up to 3.2 or there abouts, has anyone seen the same article, and if so would they post the link? many thanks.

oh im new to your forum, names Russ, cheerio.

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo. 2GB 667 Mhz Mac Book Pro
is this true?

i was reading though a british magazine (stuff) and it had the best 50 downloads, there was a section on Macs, i cannot remember the link for the download but what it claimed was the download could speed up your computer from 2.4 up to 3.2 or there abouts, has anyone seen the same article, and if so would they post the link? many thanks.

oh im new to your forum, names Russ, cheerio.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
These things used to float about in the days of dial up connection - increase your speed by two or three times current speed but they did not really work that well. The advertisement usually showed a picture loading at normal speed and a picture loading at 'their speed'.

Speed today is determined in the main by what broadband rate you purchase from your ISP.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D MacBook Pro
If I understood your post right, it was a program that increases the clock speed on the CPU?

It's possible, I'm sure. However, you should really weigh the risks and consequences of overclocking. First, it may permanently damage your Mac. Second, it probably will not have that noticeable of an effect. Finally, it would void your warranty if Apple found out.

Unless you are a very advanced user trying to squeeze every drop of value out of your Mac, I would pass of that program.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo MacBook, 4GB DDR3, 10.5.7
I'm not exactly so sure about that, but if you want to try and increase the speed of your internet connection, check this out. It really works

Thanks for that link! It really does work.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" 2015 MacBook Pro Retina / 15" 2010 MacBook Pro
Torment, thank you very much. I've tried it on both Windows and Macintosh and it actually works lol. I also wanted to know how to do the Windows Live Hotmail thing and since it's explain there, thank you very much again.

Have a nice day mate.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.