Blank Audio CDs not working

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" 2.8 ghz and Macbook Pro 13" 2.53 ghz
I have an Intel iMac I purchased this past summer. When I insert blank CD-Rs into the drive to burn audio CDs from iTunes to listen to in my car, I can hear the drive reading the CD-R for about 20 seconds then it spits the disc back out. I've burned audio CDs before but it was when I first got my machine. Game DVDs work fine but blank CD-Rs just get rejected. Could it be the brand of CD-Rs I'm using (silver Memorex) or something more serious? Thought? Ideas?

Del

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2xQuad core 2.8GHZ
Maybe you;

- burnt the disc as a data disk rather than an audio disk
- forgot to finalise the disk session

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" 2.66Ghz, 4Gb RAM, 320Gb HDD, OSX 10.5.6
I have an Intel iMac I purchased this past summer. When I insert blank CD-Rs into the drive to burn audio CDs from iTunes to listen to in my car, I can hear the drive reading the CD-R for about 20 seconds then it spits the disc back out. I've burned audio CDs before but it was when I first got my machine. Game DVDs work fine but blank CD-Rs just get rejected. Could it be the brand of CD-Rs I'm using (silver Memorex) or something more serious? Thought? Ideas?

For what it's worth, I had similar problems and it turned out to be the brand of disk I was using. Hope this is a simple solution to your problem.

S

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Try a different brand of media. Never made a coaster from Verbatim (touches wood)!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.