Simple sharing issue

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
'11 Macbook Pro i5 2.3 GHZ, 4GB, 10.10.4
A week after I got my Macbook, I partitioned the drive and installed Vista Ultimate. So far, its worked great. But Id like to be able to move files between the two much easier, so im going to use as much detail as I can.

Obviously on the OSX desktop, theres the Mac HD icon and the Vista HD icon. I can open my Vista HD, and copy files FROM Vista TO Mac OS X. But I want to copy files from Mac OSX to Vista(mainly my music so I can use Virtual DJ). When I open my Vista HD under Mac OSX, it says I don't have permission to write. When I'm under Vista, I can't see the Mac partition at all.

How can I move my files to my Vista partition, WITHOUT copying it to another computer/external drive first?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacOS Sonoma
Vista uses NTFS permissions to allow users to read or write to folders. Since Mac OS does not use Windows' permissions scheme, it will give Read but not write access. On Vista, you need to ensure the group 'Everyone' has Modify writes to the folder(s) able you to write to NTFS disks.

Vista (or any other version of windows) does not understand Mac OS' HFS file system so you need to install a third party tool to allow you to r/w to HFS volumes e.g.

catacombae software (free)
Mediafour | MacDrive (commercial)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.